7/6/10

The Places We'll Go & The Things We'll See

There was a game I remember from long ago when I was in middle school called, “Where in the World is Carmen San Diego.” I think the point of it was to answer trivia questions about different parts of the world and by the clues find out where this character was stationed. The thought of that game brought some memories and desires right up to the surface for me.


Traveling is something I love to do. It’s not just about the destination. The entire process that starts with booking your flight, packing, the airport, the hotels, etc. is thrilling. How fun is it to escape and put yourself into a different portal for a bit just for the purpose of exploring? There is so much out there for me to see and I look forward to going many places.

Here are the places I have been:



In the USA (Not counting cities I’ve just driven through:o):

New Jersey

New York

Florida

Maryland

Washington D.C.

Pennsylvania

Massachusetts

Georgia

Utah

Colorado

Nevada

Arizona

California



Outside of the USA:

Slovakia

Czech Republic

Guatemala

Germany

Austria

Switzerland

Spain



Oh how teeny tiny that list seems to me, especially considering how vast this universe is! Here are some places I am eagerly awaiting to travel to:

In the USA:

All the rest of the states

Outside of the USA:

England

Egypt

Brazil

Portugal

Cambodia

Thailand

Fiji

Bermuda

Mexico

Holland
Italy

India (I especially want to go here)

And the list will go on and on…

There is still so much to see and do. Where have you been? Where would you like to go?

5 comments:

  1. I wish I had your zest for travel. I really don't like to. As a little girl I lived in Germany and Okinawa. I would like to go back to Okinawa. I would really like to go to Nauvoo.(?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly, for me a lot of the fun of a trip is planning! I LOVE organizing the trip, printing out the address labels to those who will receive postcards while we're en route, getting my glue stick and sketch book ready for journaling, etc. I want to go to Ireland, back to England, to Tuscany, and to Normandy. SIGH. Love thinking about it. Occasionally I go online and plan the entire trip with the airlines until I get to the point where I have to put in my credit card number. It's like putting things in my shopping cart, then putting them all back. :-)

    Thanks for your comment on my freezer dessert. There are four pieces left, so if you want one you better hurry! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love to travel....and hardly ever get to do it. I've got a bit of gypsy in my soul, i think. My dream is to hitch up an airstream and live free.....but that's another story or maybe a blog post....Someday maybe!

    I am so happy to have found your blog and look forward to visiting and reading what you thoughtfully share with us. When you get ready to drive through the bayou, let me know. I'd love to see you! Have a great week, Candace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Eneida! Thanks for commenting on Cranberry Morning. If you want to really feel small, go to the Answers In Genesis Creation Museum planetarium outside Cincinnati. It is an amazing state-of-the-art planetarium that zooms you around - virtually, of course - intergalactic space travel. Very, very cool!

    www.answersingenesis.org

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to travel and this post makes me nostalgic for the days when I had a backpack and not a single worry in the world! It's been a while but I did manage to hit up quite a few countries in Europe, the Caribbean, parts of the US, and Canada. I'm dying to return to Germany (I see you made it there as well!) and would love to visit India.

    Thanks so much for following!

    ReplyDelete