5/30/10

29 on the 29th

My birthday was on the 29th.  It was my golden birthday as I turned 29.  I remember that turning 25 had a weird impact on me.  I felt then as if I was really leaving the adolescent world and entering adulthood, regardless of the fact I had been out of college and married 5 years by then.  It was all about the number.  Well, I've just turned the age that I will say I am for the rest of my life, "29" :o).  This time, I feel great about it!

Getting older today means something different for me than it did a few years ago, and surely that emotion will continue to evolve.  I'm excited about my age, I'm looking forward to the next 10 years.  There is going to be some monumental shifts in my life over the next year that will set up my third decade on this earth.  Getting older really just means getting wiser.  All the experiences that have brought me to this point in my life (though some I would never ever want to ever experience again...did I say "ever"?) have made me into the person I am today.  How can any of that be bad?

It's a good day folks!  2010 is mid way through, which means we have half the year to go.  How are you doing on your goals?  Are you excited about what you can achieve between now and New Year's Eve?  Remember, the "how" isn't as important as the "what".  Know clearly what you're aiming for and along the way you'll find the strength and skills you need to make it happen!

3 comments:

  1. I'm only 23 but already cringing at the thought of getting older. Thanks for stopping by my blog, I love country music too =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never really cared about getting older until I realized that at the end of next year, I'll be 30! Not that 30 is old, it's just weird to think of myself as 30. :)

    Stopping by from the Lady Bloggers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday. You aren't old yet. Try turning 50. I turned 50 last Sept. It is wonderful though. You get to the point where you don't care anymore and just enjoy stuff.

    ReplyDelete